Monday, August 1, 2011

A day in the life of..................August 1, 2011

Good Afternoon - I am not into blogging today but felt an obligation to just check in.  The weather is blistering - the local folks out here say they have never seen if this hot for so long.  I said that I didn't think that at the end I would bake to death - I would rather freeze to death.  We are watering our young trees, watering the vegie garden and the flower gardens.  


Nadine has fallen ill and she is in the hospital.  She is the type of person that you expect to be alive the rest of your natural life but she is 83 and her little body is in such bad shape.  She had diabetes, COPD, bad heart, a colostomy and who knows what else.  Went to see her today in the hospital and she is feeling better but losing blood and they don't know where.  She thinks she has a bleeding ulcer.  But you know she was feeling better because she started shouting orders at me and signing me up for her class to learn how to make her rolls (yum) and her beerrocks (Yum yum).  She says when she gets out I am to "git over to my house and sit your butt down and we are goin' ta cook."  Yes, Mam!!!!


Anyone reading this today, I would appreciate a little prayer for her.  She is a dandy.

No comments:

Post a Comment