Friday, July 15, 2011

A Day In The LIfe Of.........July 15, 2011

A short thought today -  I was driving home from town, it's hot out but the countryside is still green and beautiful.  You come up over a hill and look out onto the horizon and all you see is "GREEN" trees and more trees.  As I turned onto my road, I had to pull over as a big huge tractor, which took up both lanes, headed my way.  The farmer waved and I proceeded on.  When you are driving out in the countryside out here, you have to have one hand on the top of your steering wheel so you can raise 4 of our fingers or your hand, briefly to give the "Missouri wave".  Everyone waves at you and you have to wave back.  I continue on my way I see another farmer seeding his recently cut winter wheat pasture with soybeans.  Reach another cross road and there is a little farmer traveling along in a old John Deere tractor pulling a big wagon filled with corn.  As I get close to home, I see our pond with a great big blue crane walking along the edge fishing. 

Rough life this country life - And I love it.   More stories and recipes coming soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment